Government of Canada links
- Canada’s Court System http://canada.justice.gc.ca/eng/dept-min/pub/ccs-ajc/ – Information about the court system in Canada
- Family Law http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-fea/index.html – Information from the Department of Justice about family law matters
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-e.html – Information and forms relating to income taxes in Canada
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada http://www.voyage.gc.ca/preparation_information/consent-letter_lettre-consentement-eng – Consent Letter for children travelling without both parents
- International Child Abduction: A Manual for Parents http://www.voyage.gc.ca/publications/child-abductions_enlevements-enfants-eng.asp – What to do if your child is removed from your custody in Canada without your permission.
- Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines http://canada.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-fea/spo-epo/g-ld/spag/index.html – Proposes a formula for calculation of spousal support amounts
- Divorce Law in Canada http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/ResearchPublications/963-e.htm – Reviews the current law in Canada and looks at possible changes
- Service Canada http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/isp/pub/factsheets/credit.shtml – Information about splitting Canada Pension Plan credits when separating
Government of Alberta links
- Alberta Justice Department http://justice.alberta.ca/Pages/home.aspx Describes the programs and services provided by Alberta Justice
- Maintenance Enforcement Program http://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/families/mep/Pages/default.aspx – Collects and enforces child and spousal support in Alberta
- Child Support Recalculation Program http://justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/families/recalculation/Pages/default.aspx – Annually recalculates court ordered child support based on current income tax information.
- Children’s Services http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/ – Offers a range of programs and services for children and families
- Child Support Services http://www.employment.alberta.ca/FCH/2072.html – Assists low income Albertans, including those on income assistance and student finance, to set up child support orders or agreements.
- Child and Youth Advocate http://advocate.gov.ab.ca/ – Advocates who speak for children and youth receiving services under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and the Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act. The service also provides lawyers for children, where required, in these types of matters.
Mediation providing options and assisting you with resolving matters to reach an agreement when dividing property, dealing with parenting matters, child support and spousal support Learn more here.
Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist (CFDS) helps you avoid making costly financial mistakes. Make educated decisions that affect your future and your children's future. Learn more here
Separation Agreements & Uncontested Divorce We work closely with you to prepare your comprehensive separation agreement and/or uncontested divorce documents Learn more here