Financial Divorce Specialist
Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist (“CFDS”)
What we do as a Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist (“CFDS”)
Provide an objective and neutral assessment of financial options.
- Assist lawyers and/or mediators to design a settlement proposal that will maximize client’s satisfaction considering the available financial options.
- Prepare net worth, cash flow and income statements for client and court purposes.
- Provide a financial analysis of the couples’ assets, liabilities, incomes, child & spousal support payments taking into consideration inflation and changing tax consequences.
- Provide insights to pension plans and other investment and insurance options including ongoing protection.
- Show options for financial scenarios with projections for a minimum of 20 years
- Educate clients about the tax and other financial consequences of retaining or giving up certain assets.
- Provide counsel on budget management during this difficult transition.
Fair treatment and helpful advice……
With a CFDS on your side, you can move on with our life, confident that you’ve been treated fairly.
We help you:
- Make educated decisions about your future, and your future of your children.
- Empower yourself through knowledge.
- See the outcome of your decisions
- Move forward efficiently.
Check out the answers to these frequently asked question about the financial aspects of separation and divorce.
NOTE: As a Financial Divorce Specialist we do not offer legal opinions or advice. We follow a strict Code of Ethics as monitored by the Academy of Financial Divorce Specialists. We can be recruited directly by one or both clients and/or one or both lawyers or a mediator. A CFDS can work within the collaborative, litigation or mediation process.
At any step of the process….If you are considering separation or in the legal separation process an FDS can be engaged at any time.
- Beginning … can help collect financial data required.
- Middle … just in time to analyze the facts and prepare projections.
- Close to the end… to evaluate the proposed division of assets.
Mediation providing options and assisting you with resolving matters to reach an agreement when dividing property, dealing with parenting matters, child support and spousal support Learn more here.
Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist (CFDS) helps you avoid making costly financial mistakes. Make educated decisions that affect your future and your children's future. Learn more here
Separation Agreements & Uncontested Divorce We work closely with you to prepare your comprehensive separation agreement and/or uncontested divorce documents Learn more here