Conflict Doesn't Have To Be Inevitable
Mediation - Common Ground for a peaceful divorce
Conflict doesn't have to be Inevitable
We can Help You As a Professional Mediator
Common ground for a peaceful divorce
Conflict doesn’t have to be inevitable. A professional mediator can help you and your partner explore options and search for solutions in a spirit of cooperation.
During mediation you will have the opportunity to discuss and resolve disputes with the help of an impartial facilitator. The process is private, respectful and efficient, helping you to reach agreements before relationships ae irreparably damage or things escalate into legal action. Even if legal action has already been initiated, mediation is useful for people seeking a more effective way to resolve disputes.
What we do as a mediator ?
Mediator facilitates communication and understanding. As an impartial third person, a mediator makes sure both parties can express themselves and be heard, without coercion or fear.
Through mediation, we will work together to resolve issues such as:
- creating a parenting plan;
- division of financial assets and liabilities;
- division of marital property;
- child support;
- spousal support
When should you consider mediation ?
- If you are unable to resolve your differences and come to an agreement on your own.
- If you even think of going to court, try mediation first.
- If you cannot afford the extreme costs of litigation.
- If the conflict is between people with an ongoing relationship that is important to preserve and rebuild.
- If you like to speak for yourself, and to make your own decisions.
- If privacy and confidentiality are important to the parties.
- If any one of the above applies to you, you owe it to yourself to try mediation.
The benefits of a mediated divorce
- The cost of mediation is usually considerably lower than going to court.
- When you participate directly in the resolution of your dispute you have more control over the outcome. Unlike litigation, decisions will not be imposed on you by lawyers or a judge.
- Mediation is usually faster than going through the courts. But, if you’re not satisfied with the progress, it can be terminated at any time.
- Because mediation is not adversarial it tends to be less damaging to the ongoing relationship between you and your ex-partner.
- Mediation is private, informal, safe and comfortable, unlike the public, intimidating environment of a courtroom.
Mediation providing options and assisting you with resolving matters to reach an agreement when dividing property, dealing with parenting matters, child support & spousal support. Learn more here
Separation Agreements & Uncontested Divorce We work closely with you to prepare your comprehensive separation agreement and/or uncontested divorce documents Learn more here
As qualified paralegals, we are able to offer a range of additional paralegal services such as pre-nuptial, co-habitation and separation agreements, transfers of land… Learn more here
Parenting after Separation
Parenting After Separation Course is a two hour on-line course or a six hour seminar offering information to guardians and parents about the separation and divorce process, the effects of separation and divorce on children… Learn more here
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: At WIN/WIN Divorce Resolution we will provide you with information but we do not offer legal advice. Should you require legal advice, you should consult with a lawyer specializing in family law. If you do not have a lawyer, we can refer you to a lawyer to obtain legal advice.